Monday, April 30, 2007

BIG NEWS

First of all, all I can say is WOW! As many of you know, Trent and I have been deciding on where we were going to adopt from. We were making this decision because of my inability to get pregnant. I have been told that chances of getting pregnant were very slim. However, it looks like God thought otherwise. YEP...I'm Pregnant! It almost seems surreal, I can't believe that just months ago we were told that we should really look into adoption/surrogacy and now here we are, going to be a mommy and daddy. I can't even explain how I feel, I do not think I have ever been this happy before. I feel so blessed! God is sooo great! One thing that I have been asked was "where does this stand for your adoption process?" Adopting is something that we still plan to do in the future. I could never forget about our thoughts to adopt now, I have thought about this child continuously and I could never take all these dreams and get rid of them. There is definitely an adoption in our future, just not as soon as we intended. I will probably be changing my blog around a little bit to fit the "pregnancy" theme. I still hope to keep in touch with you all and read about your wonderful families and adoption journeys!

Here is a picture of the happiest part of my day!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Congratulations.....obviously God had a plan for you all along! Keep us updated on how you are doing!

crazylady said...

Now that's a curve ball many want to catch! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I hope you and baby stay healthy and happy.
These things always have a way of working themselves out. Best of luck. God bless
Senja

Nikki said...

That is wonderful news, Olivia!
Very happy for you over here...looks like you are going to be the momma to more than one after all! God is good!

Beckyb said...

That is awesome - God is so Good!!! It's just fine - you enjoy this little one and someday God may still have adoption in your plans!! Can't wait to watch your progress!

insanemommy said...

Congratulations! Lucky you...

Anonymous said...

OMW!! God is SO good and He does have a plan for your family. I agree with Nikki, looks like you will have more than one child after all. Either way, children are a blessing.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!