Friday, April 27, 2007

The Lost Daughters of China

Happy Friday!

I was recently told about this book by Mommy Spice over at hunanspice, it is called The Lost Daughters of China. I went out and bought it last night and I plan to begin reading it tonight. I wanted to get into it today but I was very busy. Has anyone read it? What did you think about...I have heard great things about it! It turned out the lady who I purchased it from has two children adopted from China. I thought that was neat!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Thank you all for your comments on yesterdays blog about Cheyanne. She will be missed!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Steffie B. said...

It is a wonderful book.....however any book on adoption can only prepare you more. Hope you have a good weekend too!

Mommy Spice said...

Let me know what you think. It was written in the early 90's, so some of the processes have changed, but it gives so much insight to the reasons for the abandonment of girls.

kitchu said...

If you loved it as much as I did, you haven't put it down yet. It was by far one of my most favorite books!

Mama Darling said...

You might as well get your paper work started because once you've read the book there's no turning back! Ha! At least, that's the way it was for us. It's a great book! I've read it twice.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

this a great book, but get ready to be emotional... there is also a fabulous video you should get. National Geographic "CHINA LOST GIRLS" ... it very educational and will tug at your heart... can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book...